Crime Data and Crime Risk
Know the crime rates and crime risk for any street in America
Location, Inc. offers the most detailed neighborhood data for your crime risk assessment needs. With national coverage of neighborhood-level property crime rates, violent crime rates, and vehicle theft statistics, our exclusive data will provide you with the tools you need to understand and proactively manage your exposure to crime risk at the hyper-local level.
Know in advance the number of crimes and the chances of becoming a victim, see comparable crime indices, and more for every neighborhood in the nation. Stay ahead of your competition with the most accurate source of crime risk analysis tools available today.
Local crime rates can impact risk exposure, real estate values and investment, insurance rates for your facilities, the cost of security staffing and more. These data are designed for use by a variety of industries including
property and casualty insurance,
corporate and employee relocation,
and other industries. For example, combining these data on crime risk with household income data from our
file reveals the locations most suited to marketing home security systems.
These crime data can be pulled by address manually, or automatically direct server-to-server for large and ongoing batches, or are available to license in shape file format behind your firewall. National coverage.
Chicago Crime Risk by Neighborhood
Key Proprietary Crime Data Points At The Neighborhood-Level (Census Tract)
- Motor Vehicle Theft Risk for every neighborhood (1-100 nationally comparable rating)
- Number of Motor Vehicle Thefts for each neighborhood (with accompanying comparable data for the city overall, the state, and the nation)
- Motor Vehicle Theft Rate per 1,000 neighborhood residents (with accompanying comparable theft rate data for the city overall, the state, and the nation)
- A Neighborhood Resident’s Chance of having their vehicle stolen in one year (e.g., 1 in 118, with accompanying comparable risk data for the city overall, the state, and the nation)
- Motor Vehicle Thefts per square mile for each neighborhood
- Number of violent crimes in each neighborhood
- Number of violent crimes per 1,000 neighborhood population
- A neighborhood resident's chance of becoming a victim of violent crime (e.g., 1 in 24)
- Number of property crimes in each neighborhood
- Number of property crimes per 1,000 neighborhood population
- A neighborhood resident's chance of becoming a victim of property crime (e.g., 1 in 9)
- Total number of crimes in each neighborhood
- Total number of crimes per 1,000 neighborhood population
- Neighborhood Crime Index (overall Crime Safety rating, nationally comparable)
- Neighborhood Violent Crime Index (Violent Crime Safety Rating, nationally comparable)
- Neighborhood Property Crime Index (Property Crime Safety Rating, nationally comparable)
- Total Crimes per Sq. Mile within each neighborhood
- Violent Crimes per Sq. Mile within each neighborhood
- Property Crimes per Sq/ Mile within each neighborhood
- Comparable city-wide and state-wide crime data and indices, to complement and compare to neighborhood-specific data